The C&O Towpath Pages Interactive PDF
Works in conjunction with Gaia GPS!
This is an interactive PDF file of the C&O Towpath Pages Guidebook.
It was designed and created for use with mobile devices.
This PDF has all the features of the basic PDF version of the guidebook and more.
The interactive PDF includes phone numbers, email addresses, web site URL’s, and GPS coordinates that are all live active links that will work with your mobile device. When you click on a link, it will open in conjunction with the app on your mobile device.
When you click on the GPS coordinates in the PDF it takes you to the location of the coordinate on the map in the Gaia GPS app or through the browser. You are not required to have the Gaia GPS app to use this PDF. If you choose not to use Gaia GPS app, the GPS coordinates will try to open in your browser.
Gaia GPS: Gaia GPS incorporates all the functions of a GPS. You have the options of logging waypoints, creating tracks, switching between maps, and a few other functions.
The basic app Gaia GPS is free. I have created some shared folders for you for use with Gaia GPS to help assist you in viewing the Appalachian Trail Centerline and locations.
There are additional features you can subscribe to and pay for on Gaia GPS but none of those features are needed to use the WhiteBlaze Pages PDF Guidebook in conjunction with this PDF.
** Be notified of PDF updates and download the newest version for free. **
Directions and the WhiteBlaze Pages PDF Guidebook will be available for download on completion of purchase.
Click image to download sample PDF
This is a sample of the C&O Towpath Pages Interactive PDF.
It does not include the entire PDF, but it gives you enough to see what is included in the book.
** You will be notified of PDF updates and will be able to download the newest version for free. ** These are live updates. You get notified when there is an update by email, provided that you asked to be notified. Updates are not just notifications of changes; you are able to download a completely new updated PDF (the whole version). All updates for the C&O Towpath Pages - Interactive - PDF version is free if you previously purchased C&O Towpath Pages - Interactive PDF version.
Here are just a few more features included in the PDF
- C&O Towpath Pages is designed for easy use by all variety of cyclers and hikers. Its goal is to assist you to quickly determine your location and surrounding terrain features, and to find nearby re-supply options and other needed services.
- Easy-to-turn pages with quick identification tabs in the top, outer corners, to help you rapidly find the needed trail data in the guidebook.
- Easy-to-read descriptions, coordinates, and elevations, with separate North-Bound (NOBO), and South Bound (SOBO), mileage columns, listing 400 data entry points of trail-worthy information, (more than any other C&O Towpath guidebook), allowing for easy use, no matter what direction you are cycling or hiking, a unique feature of this guidebook.
- Quick-reference icons (66), associated with detailed descriptions that allow you to rapidly determine the availability of needed services, at any particular location.
- City, and town, informational entries, in sequential order, referenced to trail mileage, with detailed, all-to-scale, north-oriented maps, showing the locations of thousands of establishments providing needed services.
- Many more trail features: side trails, waterfalls, bridges, scenic views, attractions, road crossings, bridges, power lines, warnings, and much, much more!
- Over 320 GPS coordinates listed in this guidebook locating shelters, trail heads, road crossings, landmarks, establishments, attractions.
- Complete Post Office addresses, phone numbers, and GPS coordinates in the town’s listings.
- Includes the shuttle provider listing, of all shuttle providers along the entire length of the C&O Towpath, with descriptions.